Thursday, July 21, 2011

How a Young Driver Harmed a FL family

Georgia Highway Patrol investigators said a family  -- returning to their cabin from a fireworks show on July 1 -- were waiting at an intersection of State Route 5215 in Blue Ridge, Ga., when a 16-year-old slammed his pickup truck into the rear of the family's van.




"We were about 10 minutes from the cabin. . . most of the kids were asleep. But when the accident happened, I blacked out, I don't remember what happened," said David Johnson, who was driving.


Shattered glass and crumpled metal from the van surrounded the family. Johnson -- dazed, confused and his head hurting from a concussion -- managed to find his cell phone to call for help.
"I was the least injured one of the family. Somehow I managed to call my stepfather. I don't even remember calling him," Johnson said.

More here:http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20110721/NEWS01/107210313/In-an-instant-holiday-turns-into-tragedy-Palm-Bay-family?odyssey=nav|head